Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Too Busy, Too Lazy, or Too Tired?

I am afraid to say that I have been unable to write or post anything on this blog for sometime now. Recently, I have just felt that I did not have a topic to write about.... which is really not the case. I have just been too busy, or too lazy, or too tired, and the list goes on. Excuses are what it amounts too. I guess the truth is that I have not taken the time to write. It is not that my spiritual walk with Christ has not been growing. It is not that I have not seen God’s presence in my life. It is just that I have not taken the time myself.

As you should know by now, I pray. I pray for a lot of different things. In Ephesians 6:18, we are told to pray on all occasions. That’s good, because when I pray it is usually pretty important stuff.... to me.......and then it hit me....

Lately, I have been too lazy to devote more of my time towards God. Would I want the same treatment in return from God? What if our God was a lazy, forgetful, and tired God? What would my life be like? What would the world be like? Imagine a world without any miracles. Or a world without values of what is good verses what is evil. All because God was too lazy to write the Ten Commandments. Stop.....think about that for a whole 60 seconds.

Thankfully, that is not the way it is. When I pray, I never get a busy signal. Even when I’m too lazy to pray, God never stops working. But! That does not mean that it is okay for me to let these things slide.....including this blog.

I, We, You, ask so much of the Lord and really he ask for so little in return. The least I can do is put forth the effort to take care of some of the things He needs done by me.......

No comments:

Post a Comment